Vancouver & New York on the Rise for TV & Film Production; Los Angeles Taking a Major Hit
Los Angeles has always been thought of as the city of glitz, glamour, and Hollywood – but could that all be changing? It seems that more and more TV series are beginning to film in New York and Vancouver as opposed to the LA/Hollywood area. According to Deadline, 11 pilots were shot in New York this season which is considered to be record breaking. Only 9 were shot in New York the year before, and two years ago? 0 pilots were filmed in the city. New York City has also extended a tax credit program which continues to be profitable for TV series.
Vancouver has also gained quite a bit of notoriety with 9 pilots being shot in the Canadian Province this season. It is a much cheaper location to shoot in than Los Angeles, and has the ability to look very similar to the backdrop of just about any city. There were two other pilots shot in Canada, making the grand total for the country 11 (the others were shot in Montreal and Toronto). Canada has almost doubled in the amount of pilots since last season.
Georgia also has a tax program in place, although it has been threatened in the past years. Many viewer favorites are still shot in the Atlanta area, including the CW’s Vampire Diaries. Two new pilots will be shot in the area this year.
All comedy pilots still continue to be shot in Los Angeles, but comedy pilots employ fewer than on-location shoots, and tend to be filmed almost entirely within a soundstage.
Similar Related Articles
|Vampire Diaries lovers I feel a little foolish, to be honest. I’ve been rather disappointed in TVD as of late; the [...]||‘Spartacus:Vengeance’ Finale. After ‘Libertus’, things pretty much got stuck in a groove. But, (and here should [...]|
- Vampire Diaries’ Joseph Morgan and Claire Holt: Going Hunting?
- Revenge’s ‘Ashley Madekwe’ Rocks A Wardrobe To Die For
- Nikita And Amanda Battles It Out – But Who Wins? (Video)
- Top Five Favorite ‘Downton Abbey’ Couples
- Top 5 ‘Nikita’ Predictions After “Arising”
- Final Five Predictions for Celebrity Apprentice
- Is The Vampire Diaries Losing Its Bite?
- Secret Circle Recap: Episode 1.17 ‘Curse’
- The Voice Episode 2.9 Recap: “The Final Battles″
- ‘True Blood’ Season 5: Echoes Of The Past (Video)