She’s the the backbone of the mythological storytelling; the shaper of love and loss; the the reason behind one of the most exciting shows on TV - I’m talking about The Vampire Diaries‘ Executive Producer Julie Plec. She is no stranger to the supernatural or scary, having co-produced movies Scream 3 and Cursed. Plec has also explored the issues of teen angst and sci-fi powers in TV series Kyle XY. But where her talent shines the most is within the complex interactions, heartfelt (and often bewildering) storylines, and the beauty and bonds of love, family and friendship shown in The CW’s highly coveted TVD.
After Plec’s teasing tweet the other day, hinting at surprises, tragedies, new villains, break-ups, make-ups, romance, scandal, happiness – and maybe some fun – for our team of supernaturally-affected teens in Season 4, we were eager to chat with her at San Diego’s Comic Con. Plec talked about the infamous Damon-Elena flashback scene in the Season 3 Finale, saying that the reason behind the flashbacks is to “learn something new”; it’s not just for fun. She said that what Damon did for Rose and this moment she will remember will go in the “encyclopaedia that is Damon” to file away for contemplation. We asked Plec about the possibility of meeting Klaus’ biological father, and who Elena might lean on for support during her transition. On the topic of Klaus, Plec reassured us that Joseph Morgan would be returning, and Elena becoming a vampire will “change everything for him”. Plec dished more on new characters April and Connor (recently cast Todd Williams), the problem with Elena’s compassion, what the loss of Ric will mean for Damon and Bonnie’s darker magical journey.
Want to find out what else Julie Plec said about our TVD favorites? Then watch the interview below.
The Vampire Diaries returns on October 11 at 9/8c, only on The CW!
Reporter: Romancia/Jayne Balke
Similar Related Articles
|Interview With The Vampire Diaries’ ‘Ian Somerhalder’: Strip Clubs, Royalty Filters, Bad-Ass Women And Stefan The Closeted Freak||Interview With The Vampire Diaries’ ‘Paul Wesley’: Drunken Hookups, New Love Interests And Embarrassing Moments|
|He’s been dubbed everything from “Smolderpants” to “Smolderballs”, and is frequently called “Smolderhalder”. [...]||If “beautiful” isn’t the right word to describe Paul Wesley, then perhaps “gorgeous”, “handsome” or “mind-blowingly [...]|
- Interview With The Vampire Diaries Executive Producer ‘Julie Plec’: Damon Encyclopaedia, Klaus’ Biological Father And The Trouble With Compassion
- Interview With Falling Skies’ ‘Colin Cunningham’, ‘Moon Bloodgood’ And ‘Jessy Schram’: Secrets, Skin And Second Mass
- Saving Hope: Episode 1.6 Recap “The Great Randall”
- Interview With Teen Wolf’s ‘Tyler Posey’: Control Freaks, Break Ups And Superheroes
- Photos of Arrow’s ‘Stephen Amell’ and ‘Katie Cassidy’ at Comic-Con
- Photos of Nikita’s ‘Maggie Q’ and the Cast at Comic-Con 2012
- Interview With Teen Wolf’s ‘Dylan O’Brien’: Getting Comfortable, Improv And Stiles’ Dreams
- Stefan’s Most Cringe-Worthy – When “Rippah” Comes Out To Play
- Interview With Teen Wolf’s ‘Holland Roden’: Being Lydia, Her Favorite Episode And Making Out With A Ghost
- Walking Dead Zombocalypse With ‘Lauren Cohan’
- Walking Dead Zombocalypse with ‘Guillermo Diaz’
- Exclusive Interview With The Walking Dead’s ‘Norman Reedus’: Loyalty, Weapons and the Moves of a Tracker