MTV2 Brings The Party To San Diego Comic-Con
MTV2 announced today that Dillon Francis (MTV Clubland) will host the first-ever “MTV2 Party in the Park” this year at San Diego Comic-Con. The event will be held at Petco Park on Thursday, July 18th, and all Comic-Con attendees are allowed to attend. The event will open at 7 p.m., and will have live musical performances, along with free food and drink. New Politics, a three-piece rock band from Brooklyn, is scheduled to appear. They will be touring with 30 Seconds to Mars this fall to promote their new album, A Bad Girl In Harlem. In addition to this event, MTV will be hosting a slew of other events as well.
- “Guy Code Honors” (Airs Sunday, July 21, 8:00 p.m. ET/PT): The cast of MTV2’s hit show “Guy Code,” along with Vin Diesel of “Riddick,” Tyler Posey of “Teen Wolf” and “True Blood” actor Rob Kazinsky geek out for one special night, saluting the best movies and TV shows that wowed the inner sci-fi, thriller and fantasy fans in all of us this past year, while looking ahead to the titles destined for greatness in the year to come. The hour-long special will feature performances, celebrity appearances and advance looks at major upcoming films, all while “Guy Code” cast favorites Jon Gabrus, Jordan Carlos, Damien Lemon and Chris Distefano break down which movies, shows, actors, heroes and heroines rocked the hardest.
- “MTV’s Comic-Con Live!” (Thursday July 18 through Sunday, July 21): MTV News’ Josh Horowitz and MTV Geek’s Steven Smith will anchor MTV’s live streaming coverage of Comic-Con all weekend long, delivering hourly exclusive reveals of fans’ favorite shows and most-anticipated movies. “MTV’s Comic-Con Live” will feature interviews with the biggest names in movies, TV, comics and video games, while including comprehensive reports from the panels, the floor, the pressrooms and the streets. The coverage starts on Thursday July 18 and leads into “Guy Code Honors” on Sunday night. “MTV’s Comic-Con Live!” will be available on MTV.com, Ustream, GameTrailers’ XBox and iOS apps, Comicbookmovie.com and Toplessrobot.com. Be sure to keep it locked to Comic-Con.MTV.com for the schedule and updates.
The complete schedule for on-the-ground events during “MTV Geekend” at Comic-Con will include the following:
- “Teen Wolf” Comic-Con Panel (Thursday, July 18 in Ballroom 20 at 6:00 p.m. PT): “Teen Wolf” cast members Tyler Posey, Dylan O’Brien, Tyler Hoechlin, Crystal Reed, Holland Roden, Daniel Sharman, Max Carver, Charlie Carver and Executive Producer Jeff Davis are taking Comic-Con by storm again, and giving fans an exclusive first-look at an all-new trailer, along with the latest scoop from season three during the Q&A session. Jarett Wieselman, Editorial Director of ET Online, will moderate the panel. The cast will also sign posters for fans at the FOX booth on Friday, July 19 from 11:15 a.m. PT to 12:00 p.m. PT. “Teen Wolf” airs Monday nights at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on MTV.
- “MTV2 Party in the Park” (Thursday, July 18, 7:00 p.m. PT): The first-ever “MTV2 Party in the Park” will celebrate the fans at Comic-Con, paying tribute to them and honoring them with access to the hottest live musical performances from Dillon Francis and New Politics, along with free food and drinks. Additionally, some cast members of “Teen Wolf” will be signing autographs for fans. It all takes place Thursday, July 18 at Petco Park from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. PT.
- “MTV Presents: Creator Pitch LIVE!” (Friday, July 19 in Room 28DE at 12:00 p.m. PT): Join MTV Comics Executive Editor Tom Akel for the 2nd annual “MTV Presents: Creator Pitch LIVE!,” a live pitch competition between three of the top creators in the business. Last year’s winner David Petersen (Creator of the Eisner-winning “Mouse Guard”) will be back to defend his crown against Tony Lee (“Sherlock Holmes,” “Dr. Who,” “Starship Troopers”) and Sanford Greene (Dark Horse Presents “Rotten Apple,” “Batman,” “Spider-Man Adventures”). Creators are presented with a topic just a few weeks out from the convention and then develop original pitches that the fans vote on to determine the winner!
- MTV Comics Premieres Graphic Novel “The Gloom”: The first graphic novel from MTV Comics premieres at Comic-Con! From acclaimed writer Tony Lee (“Doctor Who,” “Starship Troopers”) and artist Dan Boultwood via Arcana Studios, comes the adventures of “The Gloom!” In 1940s Manhattan the vigilante The Gloom is America’s last line of defense against the Nazis, classic pulp heroism, and common sense! Tony Lee will be signing copies of “The Gloom” at Arcana’s booth #2415 on Friday from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.; andSunday from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.